The first transition day of the 2023 SPAR Swiss Epic sees teams set off from Lenzerheide with St. Moritz in their sights.
Stage 2 is no mean feat as teams are required to race through a route of 81 kilometers with 2 350 meters of climbing, including a trip to the top of the Albula Pass at 2 312 meters above sea level.
In both UCI categories the overall leaders extended the gap with another stage win. Local Marc Stutzmann and Czech rider Martin Stosek won after 3h20min while the battle for place 2-4 was a sprint finish. In the women category Vera Looser (NAM) Kim le Court (MRI) stay another they in the orange leader jersey.
Stage 2 – Lenzerheide – St. Moritz – 16th of August 2023 – 81km and 2.350m climbing
Results MEN STAGE 2
- Canyon Northwave: Martin Stosek (CZE) 2-1 & Marc Stutzmann (SUI) 2-2 // 3:20:40
- Bulls: Simon Schneller (GER) 3-1 & Axel Roudil Cortinat (FRA) 3-2 // 3:25:04
- BUFF Megamo: Hans Becking (NED) 4-1 & Peeter Pruus (EST) 4-1 // 3:25:04
Results WOMEN Stage 2:
- Elysator Efficient Infinity Insure: Vera Looser (NAM) 54-1 & Kim Le Court (MRI) 54-2 // 4:07:54
- Davos Klosters: Bettina Janas (GER) 51-1 & Adelheid Morath (GER) 51-2 // 4:10:30
- Torpado | Bulls: Katazina Sosna (LTU) 52-1 & Irina Lützelschwab (SUI) 52-2 // 4:26:31