Yesterday’s Cape Epic 2018 prologue (20km distance // 600m climbing) was short but really sharp. From the imposing buildings of the University Cape Town, riders were sent up the most unforgiving climbs of one of the seven new wonders of the world.
The 8 days mountain bike stage race will take riders through 658 km of South Africa’s Western Cape countryside and up a lot of hills: the accumulated vertical gain will be 13,530 m. The race attracts professional and serious amateur entrants from across the planet that participate in two-person teams. From the Prologue on the Table Mountain, the 2018 Cape Epic will visit Robertson, Worcester and Wellington, and finish at the Val de Vie Estate.
- Investec Songo Specialized 54-1 Annika Langvad (DEN) 54-2 Kate Courtney (USA) 0:53.18,5
- Spur 53-1 Ariane Lüthi (SUI) 53-2 Githa Michiels (BEL) 0:54.31,1 +1.12,6
- Ascendis Health 52-1 Sabine Spitz (GER) 52-2 Robyn De Groot (RSA) 0:55.32,7 +2.14,2
- Centurion Vaude 3-1 Nicola Rohrbach (SUI) 3-2 Daniel Geismayr (AUT) 0:45.23,3
- Cannondale Factory Racing 6-1 Manuel Fumic (GER) 6-2 Henrique Avancini (BRA) 0:45.41,3 +18,0
- BUFF SCOTT MTB 21-1 Francesc Guerra Carretero (ESP) 21-2 Luis Leao Pinto (POR) 0:46.12,9 +49,6